Outpatient Treatment For Drug Addiction
An outpatient rehab centre is very helpful for people who are not deeply addicted to substance and are willing to quit the habit. Outpatient drug treatment allows a person to continue with the required treatment while also taking care of their other personal and professional responsibilities.
Due to the withdrawal symptoms that are usually experienced during detoxification, residential drug treatment programs are highly recommended when dealing with addiction to substances such as heroin.
However, a gentle substance manhandle issue got in the early stages can frequently be effectively treated in an outpatient recovery program.
Outpatient rehab is a better option for those who have the desire to quit substance abuse, but at the same time need a flexible routine that will work around their timings.
Knowledge Of Outpatient Rehab
Several times during the week, people in non-residential treatment programs go for their scheduled appointments with specialists.
This timetable permits patients to proceed with their customary duties and keep living at home, however they are required to register with treatment at their distributed times for counselling and medications.
Outpatient treatment programs tend to emphasize counselling, awareness creation and providing support but there will be various differences in these programs regarding the services offered and the depth to which these services will be provided.
An outpatient rehabilitation program is a good option for people with a strong drive to kick their drug habit and have the discipline needed to restrain themselves.
Ready to Get Help?
CALL US NOW ON 0800 772 3971
Outpatient Drug Treatment Options
How severe the addiction is, how far the recovery process has gone and the type of substance that was being abused will determine the type of outpatient treatment program that will work best.
The general sorts of outpatient recovery fall into the accompanying three classes
- Day Programmes
- Day programmes provide a greater degree of care compared to the other outpatient programmes.
- Clients are committed to meet 5-7 days per week at an outpatient facility for multiple hours each day in a day program.
- Shared therapy, continued counselling, faith-based therapy, and other alternative therapies, like art therapy, are the what patients agree to as they undergo non-residential treatment.
- Patients may return home after every session, either to their families or a sober living home.
- Until the patients are done with their 24-hour rehab plan, it can be a major inconvenience on their work or social life, as it is a huge undertaking that requires a lot of dedication.
- Intensive Outpatient Treatments (IOT)
- Intensive Outpatient Program come up with treatment schedule with set, measurable achievements in place to monitor progress.
- As these achievements are met, the time commitment expected per week lessens.
- For those patients that want to be able to live their social and work lives while being serious about recovering from their substance abuse problem, IOP is the best choice.
- For several hours a week, patients go to rehab facilities for therapy sessions, shared counselling, preventative training for avoiding relapses, participation in 12-step programs or other mutual aid groups, as it is required when one opts for IOT.
- Ongoing Treatment
- For the individual's dedication to sobriety to be reinforced, they need to participate in ongoing care groups that form a network of support and encouragement, like Narcotics Anonymous or Alcoholics Anonymous.
- Group members meet on a weekly basis and the sessions are conducted with the guidance of certified counsellor.
- Some continuing care groups may focus on a particular aspect of recovery while some may be gender-specific or age-specific.
Outpatient Rehab Benefits
Outpatient rehab is usually an ideal treatment choice for mild to moderate addictions. Compared to residential rehab, it is easier to find and join outpatient treatment programs.
Please get in touch with us now if you or someone you love needs help determining what type of treatment program would be best for them on 0800 772 3971.
Outpatient rehab is considered for some big reasons which include
- What makes non-residential treatment less expensive is the fact that you don't have to pay for accommodation, since you can still stay at home.
- Usually, outpatient programs can work around your schedule.
- If you feel that your other responsibilities will demand your presence then outpatient treatment will work well for you.
- Family support
- Loved ones can play an important role in a person's recovery from drug addiction and with outpatient treatment programs, it may be easier to be around your family.
Locating The Right Rehab Centre For You
It's not easy to decide which rehabilitation program will best serve the needs of a particular user. It is more important to just move forward in the journey towards recovery; it does not matter if it is non-residential treatment plan or an adjunct treatment option.