Aiming to boost their performance, athletes and students had become common abusers of Stimulants. They equally catch fun with it.
Your sensitivity and mental performance is hyped because of the effects of excitants inside the core of the human brain. Illegal drugs like Cocaine or by medical orders are the two main ways of getting Stimulants. Injection, snorting and oral ingestion are common ways of taking Stimulants.
It is highly recommended that you take action and do something about your addiction now! Get the help you need to defeat the addiction now call 0800 772 3971.
Brands Of Prescription Stimulants
People suffering from obesity, narcolepsy and ADHD (Attention Deficit Hyperactivity Disorder) are usually prescribed certain Stimulants. Amphetamines and methylphenidates are the Stimulants more used. Abusing amphetamines and methylphenidates has more or less the same effect although there are differences in these drugs at the chemical level. Depending on the patient's circumstance, the doctor prescribes either amphetamines and methylphenidates.
Some of the most well-known prescription Stimulants include
- Adderall - Adderall was approved in 1960 and is presently the most famous ADHD treatment drug and the most commonly prescribed amphetamine in the United States.
- Dexedrine - also used for ADHD, has been legally available since 1976
- U.S. was the first country where this drug was used.
- It was given to pilots to keep them awake in both the second world war and the Gulf War.
- Ritalin - since 1955 has been used to treat hyperactivity in kids.
- This drug is a Methylphenidate which is why it differs from Adderall and Dexedrine.
- At the molecular level, Amphetamines and Methylphenidates are different but both substances have a stimulating effect.
- Concerta - Concerta approved in 2000, is a relatively new drug used to treat ADHD.
- Although it shares its molecular structure with Ritalin, its intensity and the length of time that its effects stay in the body.
- Desoxyn - Desoxyn is a prescription methamphetamine.
- This was first used to treat obesity when it was first introduced in 1947.
- ADHD is also treated using this drug.
- Ephedrine - with effects like other Stimulants, this drug have been used to decrease hunger and to deal with asthma.
- This drug was accessible over the counter and has become an ingredient to illicit meth laboratory.
Ready to Get Help?
CALL US NOW ON 0800 772 3971
Stimulants Abuse And Effects
Since they have a high potential for abuse and addiction, prescription Stimulants are classified as a Schedule II drug under the Controlled Substances Act. Prescription Stimulants are abused by nearly 900,000 Americans every month.
Use of Stimulants can cause
- Decreased appetite
- Predisposition to talk more than the usual
Improving performance rather than getting high is usually the main reason for prescription Stimulants abuse. The data shows more athletes and students are abusing this drug to significantly improve their capacity to perform.
Dopamine, which is an ecstasy-imposed chemical in the brain, is formed in huge quantity by Stimulants. The brain loose is a capacity of producing dopamine in the rights quantity, after a long time of consuming Stimulants. This creates chemical dependency of the body in order to feel the pleasurable effects of dopamine.
Stimulants That Are Illegal
Cocaine, Crack, and Crystal Meth are part of the list of Stimulants. Effects similar to those of prescription Stimulants are developed by these drugs.